Dog eat dog world

Monday, March 26, 2007

Canele. For the umpteenth time.



For the uninitiated, Canele is the Patisserie/Chocolatier by Les Amis Group. There used to be only one branch at Robertson Walk (very out of the way!) but thankfully now, we can now find their heavenly cakes in the basement of Paragon (opposite Starbucks) and at Esprit Cafe in Centrepoint.

I usually go to Canele with my gym and foodie Khaki, Dennis (also known as my "Son"). Ironically, we usually have Canele after gym. Hahah.. well, I remember the first time we went to Canele. It was after gym on a Sunday and we had gone in search of the one and only branch at Robertson Walk. Being not too familiar with the area (abit of confusion between Robertson Quay & Robertson Walk), we actually walked in circles under the hot, sweltering sun for a good 30-40 minutes..
As fate has it, were just about to give up when we chanced upon it.

Damn. It was good! That first bite of Le Royale was mindblowing. We've never looked back since. I've since been to Canele for like umpteenth times and tried almost everything on offer. For a first visit, you can opt to try these 3 favourites of mine:

1) Le Royale (pictured on far left)
2) Matcha (not pictured)
3) Black Forest 2007 (second in picture)

One notable mention is recently I gave their hot food a go and tried one of their savoury chicken crepes. It was delicious! So if you haven't tried Canele yet, please do go.. you won't regret it.

2 Comments:

Blogger agnes said...

hw is it tt u can maintain ur figure with such indulgences???

6:48 AM  
Blogger piggieness said...

Hmmm.. it's difficult but if I eat whatever I want today I just watch what I eat the next day. And then go for rpm! :)

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home